John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have two Panasonic Model DMP-BD75 Blu-ray players. Neither

Customer Question

I have two Panasonic Model DMP-BD75 Blu-ray players. Neither one will play "Top of the Lake" Blu-ray discs. But my Samsung Model BD-P1600 plays those discs just fine. The Panasonics work fine on other titles. Please advise.
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The Samsung works okay. It's the Panasonics that don't. I don't know how old any of them are.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The problem just began with this title. I've only switched the discs around to verify that the Panasonics won't play them, but that the Samsung does.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I have to report.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of incompatibility does happen with certain titles and studios. What you'll need to try to overcome this is to update the operating software on the player.Go into thge panasonic menu and look (under Network or Options) for a Firmware (software) update option to check for and install the latest version, then try the disc again and let me know the results when you have a chance.

Thank you,