Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have lost the combination to my safe, 6 months old and the…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the combination to my safe

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

6 months old and the make is the sentry safe serial number B-70539332*

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just now tried to open it for the first time since I purchased it and I cannot recall the combination I gave it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the override code.

You can get the form here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/media/resources/notary-form.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,