John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

We have a couple of older Panasonic Toughbooks. We have not

Customer Question

Hello~ we have a couple of older Panasonic Toughbooks. We have not used in a long time! My husband can NOT remember the passwords to log into these computers. Is there anything we can do or should we just destroy them? HELP!s
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: One is a Panasonic Toughbook CF-52 and the other is a CF-T8. I have the recovery disk for the bigger one and he can't find the ones for smaller one. I think we might be able to contact Panasonic for that?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I have read said to remove batteries, but I am starting to think it is just a joke to see how many people do it~ LOL
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: None~ tried to move battery?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Did you ever configure these Toughbooks yourself, in detail? or just create a user account for yourself?

And, did you ever hire a professional to configure, prepare, etc. them for use, to secure them for use, or are these Toughbooks Used perhaps, and someone else might have so configured them?

There is a reason for asking this... it might reveal a way to recover the passwords in question. Let me know, by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you further.