Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When i switgh on a message "c 5" appears on display? lg

Customer Question
When i switgh on...

When i switgh on a message "c 5" appears on display ?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Lg neoplasma inverter

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Sorry don't know much about it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Given that you have an LG Air Conditioner, that code signifies a loss of communication, or a lack of communication, between outdoor and indoor units.

It might also indicate a voltage or power supply (internal to the unit) problem. Is yours a Split/Multi? or a Multi? model.

You are also advised to check all the wiring (esp. between units) since the loss of serial signal between units might mean a break in wiring between indoor and outdoor units... and also to "remove external pumps", though I have no idea why, nor exactly what that last advice means. Perhaps it means disconnect them, then re-connect them a minute later.

And go to the outdoor unit, take off its cover, and check the green and the red LEDs. The green should be On (unless the outdoor unit has lost power - in which case the communication error is explained ), and the red LED should be flickering normally, if it is steady red=ON, then the communications are not working. If the red LED is completely OFF, then the fault is probably in the outdoor PCB, or connections to the outdoor PCB... in which case, after checking those connections, replace the outdoor PCB as needed.

Basically if there's much wrong with regulation, switching on or off, or efficiency of the LG Neo Plasma device(s), then you should have them serviced. Hopefully it's a minor problem if so.

If you need more information or help, let me know more about what's going on. And I will advise you further.