Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My parents passed away and when I was cleaning it their home…

Customer Question
My parents passed away...

My parents passed away and when I was cleaning it their home I found a safe I don't know the combo too and I need to find a way in

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

If I change the batteries will that reset it or how can I obtain a factory code to open it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

How old I am not sure. Sentry Safe A3750

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I just found the safe it's my parents, and I have not trouble shot it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Neil, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Neil, Engineer

Hi

The factory code will be on a sticker in the manual... If you can't find the manual you can get the code from Sentry:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/support/lost-key-combo

You will need the serial number of the safe and they may want a notarized declaration that you are authorized to open the safe..

Keep an eye out for an override key if looking for the manual..