Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What if we go through all the settings (as I have done) and…

Customer Question
What if we go...

What if we go through all the settings (as I have done) and the product, though it is brand new, and yet it still does not work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is brand new. It is a KX-TGE212 Panasonic phone. The answering machine does not work remotely. A previous model works for about a year and one half before it went out.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Brand new. Just out of box, fully charged. I deactivated the code and used the number (4) as recommended. It did not work using my cell phone. I then activated the 3 digit code (111) and it didn't work. I then added by own 3 digit code and it didn't work. I took out the 775 area code and it did not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Only if that Technician actually knows a physical set up solution. NOT IF if he is going to say "there must be a defect an electronic issue requiring that I send it back to the manufacturer" which seems to be obvious.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist in TROUBLESHOOTING this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Please CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station. I only ask because that model sent (KX-TGE212) does not appear to have a built in answering system.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Have you tried accessing the system remotely using a DIFFERENT touch-tone phone?

4) Can you successfully leave a TEST MESSAGE - using the current cell phone - and listen to it using the main base?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks