Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I need my wi fy password, a dell laptop D620 don't know how

Customer Question
I need my wi fy...
I need my wi fy password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: a dell laptop D620 don't know how old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my account number is ***** 11 3319(###) ###-#### and my great-grandson wants to use his smart phone using my wi fy
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not...we used all of the numbers on the router
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

my router is wired
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

are there any other numbers other than the ones on my router that could be the wi fy password
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Yes, the wifi password ***** be printed on the modem. Do you see anything regarding the wifi password, passphrase, or something to that effect?

Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now. Once remotely connected, I can locate that password ***** you.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 42 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.