Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Sony kdf50e2000 was turing off by self,got new lamp now it…

Customer Question
Sony kdf50e2000 was turing...

Sony kdf50e2000 was turing off by self,got new lamp now it blinks gree 2or3 times then red,fan starts but then turn off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony kdf50e2000 have had it about 9 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have installed new lamp in 2011 then last week tv started to turn off by it self,Now got new lamp but it does not show picture only blinks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats about it,thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Where did you buy the new lamp and how much did it cost?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

Tv lamp bought. At Alamo tv in San Antonio tx cost 90 dollars .web site ok

Please do this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord

-take the lamp out

-CAREFULLY insert the lamp in and make sure it is seating fully

-Make sure to put the lamp DOOR onto the tv and secure the locking mechanism

-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on

Reply back here and tell me what happens:

-clicking, fans, etc

-LED on front panel does what during power on

-LED on front panel does what AFTER tv fails to turn on

Cancel everything thank you , will buy new tv I guess, too much trouble

Reply back here when you are ready to continue.

See website help pages for cancelling.