Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Was just using a Cerwin Vega CVA115 Sub and it shut down.

Customer Question

Was just using a Cerwin Vega CVA115 Sub and it shut down. Tried turning the power switch on and off and no lights will come on. Totally dead.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Cerwin Vega CVA115 Powered Sub and was purchased about 2-3 months ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: First time it has happened and I have not used them for any engagements.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you've not already done this- please unplug the subwoofer's power cord, and then use a flat blade screwdriver and pop out the fuse cartridge out of the bottom of the AC power inlet and check to see if the fuse is blown or not. If so, then it could be a simple faulty fuse- or could be caused by a larger issue downstream in the amp (faulty output stage, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

In the latter case, it's generally not considered cost effective to make repairs to the plate amp, as it's on the cusp of what a new replacement amp would cost, and it would generally make more sense to purchase a replacement plate amp (at the link below):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cerwin-Vega-CVA-115-Amp-Amplifier-Plate-Module-Repair-Service-/261466020601?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.