Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Do you work with Kindle fire tablets? mine won't turn on and…

Customer Question
Do you work with...

Do you work with Kindle fire tablets? mine won't turn on and it has been charged. black screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Not a TV. A Kindle tablet Kindle fire and no usually it charges just fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since yesterday. I tried charging, turning on/off. nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Do the batteries ever need replacing?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony