John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My harmony remote will not connect to the TV, we have

Customer Question

My harmony remote will not connect to the TV, we have changed batteries, talked with the tech at Cable One and they cannot help because we are not using the Cable One remote. Also, I would rather talk with you by phone because my computer skills are very low. How can I get the remote to connect with my TV?
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: I don't know what that means. I have never heard of a ping utility test?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. It is very likely that my 84 year old husband or a grandchild pushed a random sequence of buttons because they were holding the remote upside down.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. If I am to be using the remote while talking with the Expert on my computer, it won't work. The computer is upstairs in an office. The TV is downstairs at the other end of the house.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Which model harmony remote do you have?
Does it give an error message, or is just unresponsive? Is the tv the only issue or other devices too?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.