Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

The isn't working giving me the signal a message is waiting.

Customer Question

The flasher isn't working giving me the signal a message is waiting. I just bought Digital Cordless Answering system KX-TGF340
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I gave it to you already
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just bought this set and trying to set it up
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is only problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Have you set up the settings for voicemail or messages, on the KX-TGF phone, from the manual yet? Have you tried pressing ANSWER ON/OFF once, on the base unit, to turn On the Answering system? That is recommended as the first thing to try.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i PRESSED IT & IT LIT UP [AM I SUPPOSED TO DO SOMETHING WITH CURSER MESSAGE ON SCREEN TOO] BUT PHONE DID NOT LIGHT UP. I AM A SENIOR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE HIGH TECH WORLD...KIDS DON'T LIVE IN MICH TO HELP. WILL RETURN PHONE IF THIS FEATURE DOESN'T ACTIVATE.

OK - the light being On, the ANSWER ON/OFF light, means the answering system will pick up on calls when they come in and you have not answered them yourself.

What 'CURSER MESSAGE' is on the screen, please?

As for the phone not lighting up - it may need to be charged up, to show any lights.

And the phone handset will not need to be On, nor even charged up, for the phone's base unit to accept messages.

What other information do you need?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HANDSETS ARE CHARGED BUT FLASHER DOESN'T LIGHT UP BUDDY JUST CALLED ME TEST.
CURSER LESSAGE JUST HAS ARROWS. I MISSED A VERY IMPORTANT CALL FROM MY DOCTOR YESTERDAY.
DISSAPOINTED I BOUGHT THIS PHONE
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DISSAPOINTED I BOUGHT THIS PHONE

Perhaps the phone is defective and should be returned. It does sound as if that might be the problem with it, basically.

What flasher does not light up, please? the flashing light at the top of the handset phone near the antenna perhaps?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THE FLASHER THAT TELLS ME i HAVE A MESSAGE [ON HANDSETS] IT DOES FLASH ON BASE UNIT

OK, try taking the handset phone, please, and try to set the flasher to On, by (on the handset phone):

MENU

#

3 2 7

OFF

and see if that helps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DO THE NUMBERSHAVE TO HAVE A SPACE BETWEEN THEM??? WHAT DO YOU PRESS TO GET A SPACE???

No space needed! The space was put in by me, to make the numbers easier for you to read.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ONE LAST TRY PLEASE ! EXAMINING THE BASE UNIT I SEE IT IS KX 7GF A BIT DOFFERENT FROM THE INSTRUCTION BOOK & CODE i SUBMITTED TO YOU...........does this change the solution?????????????

No it does not change it - the code with # X X X as it were, is for the handset model # that I gave you. Try it! see if it switches on the flasher. It cannot harm anything, I don't think!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
maybe I can get a buddy to come over tonight or tomorrow can we pick this up again???

Yes, later is fine. Just let me know when you're ready to resume.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hhwhere do ienter #327? I pushed MENU Then w

You use the # key on your number keypad, then dial the 3, the 2, and the 7. After pressing MENU. Note: you may have to turn the handset phone On first.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further with more advice and instructions.)