Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I update sony bravia model xbr-70x850b wifi, 2 yrs,

Customer Question
How do I update...

How do I update sony bravia model xbr-70x850b wifi

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2 yrs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Updating thru netfilix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

All wifi working on other devices

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 8 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Tv question.
If you want to perform a software update, I do recommend using a USB drive. You would have to download the file from the Sony website. Here is a
https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=XBR70X850B#/downloadTab
Usb firmware is the most stable update. On the sony website you can also read the update instruction. It is pretty straight forward.
After the update if you still having problems, I would recommend a power reset. While the TV is on push and hold the power button until the TV shuts down and comes back on. When you see the android ball on the screen you can release the power button. After that leave the TV on and unplug the power cord for a minimum of 2 mins. No less than 2 mins. Than plug TV back in, and reset is complete.
Just to be sure, when I was talking about pushing the power button, I meant on the TV remote.
Please let me know if the information was helpful or you need more help. Otherwise please rate my service so I can get credit for my assistance. Thank you
Good evening, if you are all set ? Could you please provide me with a positive rating so I can get credit for my assistance. I would appreciate it. Have a good night
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 7 months ago
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your TV question. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician