Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Why does my phone ask callers to dial area code and press #

Customer Question
Why does my phone...

Why does my phone ask callers to dial area code and press # and enter a pin number

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

What code? KX-TGE233

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For a couple weeks at least and I don't know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen when someone is calling you, or when you are trying to call out?

someone calling me

Thank you for confirming, can you tell me who provides your home phone service?