Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I purchased an Acer portable yesterday and I can not get it…

Customer Question
I purchased an Acer...

I purchased an Acer portable yesterday and I can not get it to let me in for setup. It wants my email address and then it states I don't have a chrome account. Well I am well aware of that, but it will not let me have one

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It was new yesterday Acer cromebook 15 CB3-532

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since yesterday evening. I have just tried the instructions given with the computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I am 82 years old.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Please click on the following link. That should bring you to a page where you can create your Google Account to use in Chrome. If you have a problem, please copy the exact error message you get and paste it here for me to see.

http://bitli.es/EXtOew

I only authorized a $5.00 charge to my credit card. So far I have received nothing in return. Please cancel my account. If there is more than a $5.00 charge I will object and Discover that is all I am paying You.

If you have questions about billing, please contact JustAnswer.

So far, I have given you the page where you need to go to create your account. Did you go to that page?

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.