Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a NEC laptop battery which contains 4 (four)Panasonic

Customer Question
CGB103450, 3325 H,(###) ###-####batteries....
I have a NEC laptop battery which contains 4 (four)Panasonic CGB103450, 3325 H,(###) ###-####batteries. How do I translate that into compatible specs?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: NEC Litepad tablet computer, about 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: battery will not hold charge
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What would be a compatible battery today?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the model # of the whole Panasonic battery pack, please? (Repairing or replacing the cells within the battery pack is highly inadvisable, since if they are heated by a soldering iron, they tend to explode or catch on fire at minimum. So replacing the whole battery pack is best.)

The NEC number is ***** I appears not to be available in the known universe. I also understand that unless the batteries are younger than 3 years, they will not hold a charge. Thus the reason to replace the internal Panasonic batteries.

I understand. Let me make a try at finding information to help you...

I have the specs on a CGA103450 Panasonic battery. Not sure if the B is different from an A. I gather that the 103450 means size in mm 50mm X 34mm X 10mm physical size. With the 4 batteries, the pack is rated at 14.8V, 1800mAH. There are 4 cells. The A data sheet says Nominal Voltage is 3.6V

Three places seem to still offer one of those battery packs:

http://directreplacementbattery.com/viewbatteryfor.cfm/Laptop-Computer-NEC-Versa-LitePad-Tablet-Series-54842-OP-570-76201-1656.html

and

http://www.batteryplex.com/laptop.cfm/mod/Versa-LitePad-Tablet-Series=NEC

and (doubtfully this site, though they are cagey about quantity available and pricing too:)

http://www.codemicro.com/store/product/Nec-OP57076201-Refurbished.php

And the going price seems to be a little above $100.

Let me know whether this helps you or not.

For Batteryplex, they actually do not have these, nor can they get them from their warehouse. Ditto for all other places I've tried on the NEC battery pack. I'll try the others.There are Panasonic 103450 batteries for sale on ebay. Does the CGA or CGB designation mean anything?

If your original batteries have either CGA or CGB on them, match those. Sorry to hear that one was a dud, try the others by all means.

I'll look up CGB also.

CGB is probably Chang Guang Battery company in Wuhan, China. CGA-(xxxxx) is a prefix to Panasonic battery part #s. So CGB batteries might be Chinese knockoffs, but CGA would be real Panasonic (if it makes a difference or if they're not Chinese-made too, for whatever that's worth.)

Any idea what the 3325 H or the(###) ###-####means?

In what context? it means nothing to me without more information.

Russell -
It is just stuff printed on the batteries.
I think we have gone as far as we can unless you know a direct replacement; if so, please send me an email.
Thanks for your help.
David Fields
Bye.

I take it that the two other possible sources also came up empty or worthless otherwise.

Thanks - would you be willing to rate my work? I did what I could, but Replacements weren't available.

As for the internal batteries inside the pack... as I indicated, replacing them would involve hazards. If you would like another Expert's opinion on this at no additional charge, let me know.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.