Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a canon printer/calculator. its memory is on, I can't

Customer Question

hi Pearl, I have a canon printer/calculator. its memory is on, I can't figure how to turn off. (at least that's what I hope it is). when i'm adding 2.69 + 11.70 it's printing 11.708 8. can you fix this?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its P1-DHV G approx. 14years it hasn't been used very much
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything. it adds up on the screen, but it doesn't add on the printed paper
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think its the memory button
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Press the ON/CLEAR button once, then
try pressing the rM/CM button, *twice*... that recalls the number in memory, then clears the memory.

If it continues to act strange after that, you may have a calculator that has at last expired from age and has unreliable operation. Especially if the simple function of adding doesn't work any more, though it would be regrettable, you would have to conclude that the calculator needs either servicing by Canon, or replacing. (Canon Canada may be contacted at

1-***-***-****

or Canon US as appropriate, at 1-800-OK-CANON.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

I hope that my advice helped. If so, please rate my answer using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. A five-star rating best expresses appreciation of my efforts to help with this particular calculator model and this problem. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day.