Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

John: I purchased a TOM TOM GO 6000 6100 (s/n QQ2266K00146)

Customer Question
Hello John: I purchased...

Hello John: I purchased a TOM TOM GO 6000 6100 (s/n QQ2266K00146) GPS unit several years ago. Upon updating this week, I found I no longer have access to maps of Australia (live in Sydney). All I see is an outline of Australia, nothing else. I still have access to NZ for some reason. Can you help. JohnWhitehouse

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

I think it is the TON TOM GO 600.(I don't have immediate access to my documentation (away form home at present). Does that help

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Several days. Tried turning it off on and on. Computer tells me its up to date.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Unable to put my finger on anything else. Did take a long time to update, which I stopped at one stage but resumed upgrade.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there John and welcome

It is possible you switched maps by accident.

If you go into settings on the TomTom, then go to maps, switch back to Australia

Tell me how it then performs please