John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My HP notebook is "frozen" and it will not respond to most

Customer Question

My HP notebook is "frozen" and it will not respond to most inputs. I have turned it off, waited, and turned it on unsuccessfully It was fine a month ago, but now I cannot get a response. I have Windows 10, and I bought it at Best Buy in January.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: This is a notebook PC. The model is 16-ay038ca and serial is CMD703600GH. The print is very small and these may be incorrect.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Several days, but we had company and I could not try anything. Today I shut it off, waited and turned it on without any change. The left mouse key only works on the recycle bin.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

Can you bring up the task menu by pressing the windows icon in bottom left hand corner?

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony replied 1 month ago.

I am aiming to try and get you into "system restore" so getting into that task menu would get you there