Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Model DC 1011 Com unit with my TV. The unit is

Customer Question
I have a Model...

I have a Model DC 1011 Com unit with my TV. The unit is always on when the set is working. Currently the set is off and this unit is blinking. I have tried another similar from another TV, however was not successful in getting it to work. I recently installed an Xfinity Service and am very pleased with the unit, however am not pleased with the system for which I identified.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Made in Thailand for Thompson, otherwise no info then the Mondel No. I previously furnished.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have recently installed an Xfininty Unit and subsequently witihin the next day or so (four days ago) the unit went sour.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I forgot to tell you that I have a similar unit in another room (same mondel) and I tried to exchange it for the one I am having trouble with but was not successful.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are we together or am I just receiving filler infro from the 'Just Answer" format?
Hello, this information is taking considerable more time than I would expect to resolve the question. Please advise me immediately of the status of my request or I will have to cancel my request for help.
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

We need some more information on the unit - can you see a model number anywhere on it?

Can you attach a photo of the unit?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.