Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sony Cybershot 7.2 mega-pixel camera - I've had it…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Sony Cybershot 7.2 mega-pixel camera - I've had it a long time - moved house and can't find the electrical wires etc to

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Probably 11 years old - its a Sony digital still camera - model No - DSC-P200 - 3.6V - S/No(###) ###-####- I need a camera battery & if possible the electrical leads for charging the battery & down-loading images

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Camera has not been used for some considerable time perhaps 3 years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I also need to know how to fit a new battery into the camera - its seems one has to unscrew & remove the base to do this

8/22/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Because of the age, the original parts are all discontinued and no longer available. However you can still find a compatible/generic replacement setup that will work for it.

The battery part number is *****

You can get a kit with a charger and a pair of spare batteries inexpensively online, here: http://amzn.to/2g0j0Qs

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer