Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Panasonic TC-P55GT50. I have lost the wifi connection. I

Panasonic TC-P55GT50. I have lost the wifi connection. I have tried everything - multiple passkey re-entries, reset factory defaults, de-powered. The tv shows up on the devices on the network. I tried going through my Sony bluray dvd and it will not connect either. I have no problem with 4 other computers, tablet and 2 smart phones connecting. What gives?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: I gave all of that info in the first paragraph! Am I conversing with a robo-call?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works fine. The failure to connect with my router is unrelated to source. Are we on the same page here?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 1 week ago. Nothing happened. No power outages, other problems. Just failed to connect one day and has refused to accept the passkey since. The smart dvd also will not connect. I have 2 routers on the same key. One is a signal booster, but the passkey is the same for both. Neither will connect.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of your wifi router?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Trendnet TEW818DRU

Thanks

Can you remove the power to the wifi router, and the Panosonic, then wait 10 minutes.

Connect the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, power on the panasonic and tell me if it then connects please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Power is off to both. Waiting10 min. I did this before, but did not wait 10 min before powering back.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Power is back on to router.

ok, let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All lights on normal, 2G 5G.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
TV is one floor below. I have an extender router in the same room. Heading down to turn on TV now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Connection failed!

When you said reset factory, what did you reset?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the menu, setup, restore factory defaults.

Ok, on the wifi router is a reset button on the back of it.

Hold it in for 10 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes then try to connect the TV

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need to depower the tv?

No

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK wilco.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Connection failed .I have reset the password ***** times on both primary and secondary router.

ok, but the instructions were not about resetting the password, but a complete reset of the router, did you do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When the reset button is pushed on the router, should the lights go out?

yes for a second, but you do not push it, you Hold it in for 10 seconds then release.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was describing prior attempts before

ok, but did you do the reset exactly as I specified?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going to re-try

ok

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Same results. The lights do not extinguish at all when the reset is pushed. I used a pen to ensure proper execution.

Did you lose internet while it reset? As you should on all devices.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a laptop on here and connection is perfect

yes but Did you lose internet while it reset? As you should on all devices.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I wasn't in position to note. There is a desktop nearby the router I can view. Let me fire it up and re-try. OK?

ok, please let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is only one black button on the back of the trend router . When The button is pushed the lights do not extinguish the computer does not indicate connection lost

the button is on the bottom of the router.

You push and hold it in for 10 seconds.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are no more buttons on the router the only button on the router is on the back .This button has no effect on disconnecting from the Internet .Should we retry the initialization 1st attempted?

Yes as it is not resetting, and this can be the issue.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No connection. Same result.. I additionally resourced the Trendnet site. This model does not have a reset button. The button on the back is a WAP device connection. I put a support ticket in but I suspect it is a problem with the TV.

We will reset it another way as all documentation does point to a reset button on this model

Are you talking to me on a windows or mac computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Galaxy S8+

Do you have a windows or mac computer there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WAIT!!Apologies! The reset button is hidden under the SN# ***** I'll re-accomplish the step

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Reset button pushed. Internet lost for a couple of minutes. Now back. 5 min wait. Will re-try SUCCESS! Connection regained, back to defaults on TV and Apps Now to reset PW'S

Perfect!

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Phone has died. Msg was to let you know that it was a SUCCESS! Sorry about missing the re-set button, but it is hidden beside the label. I only found it after micro examining the base. NOT user friendly! Everything is back to default settings on the TV, Netflix, etc. I'll have to re-enter passwords, but should be OK from this point. Anything else?

N, you are all good to go, enjoy!!

No, you are all good to go, enjoy!!