Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Dang. I'll be back. LT-46149 Mitsubishi, No Picture. Went…

Dang. I'll be back. ...

Dang. I'll be back.

Technician's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

LT-46149 Mitsubishi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No Picture. Went suddenly. Have had a single line from top to bottom in center for some time. Have sound.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Hello.

Hi

Can you see my questions above ?

The screen is BLACK. No menu

O.k and you are certain there is zero background light ?

You have to make sure here , what you described about that single line could point to a t-con board and zero backlight to a defective inverter

That line and the loss of picture happened at the same time or you had the line prior for a while ?

The line has been present a couple of years.

O.k then they are not related

Give me a minute on this and also wanted to ask ,

Did you have in mind to look into repairing this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?

Note that I do not send phone offers myself , they are automated by the website but I`m available for it at this time if you prefer it that way and by the way that is a $26 extra
Or you can just decline if you don`t want it .

This is your board for $30 ; http://www.tvpartsinstock.com/mitsubishi-lt-46148-lt-46149-toshiba-46xf550u-backlight-inverter-lj97-01670b

Even if you don`t repair this yourself I would still buy it as you are sure to save a fair bit on that board

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If repairing this yourself is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 9 years old and the fact that you can get a new 46 " tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $350 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Thanks Jack. Done here.

Yes well in that case Much welcome and I don`t know how to make this bolder than above but please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician