GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a kindle fire and everytime I start it a unwanted

I have a kindle fire and everytime I start it a unwanted program starts running and I can't get to the settings, What do I do? I also can't stop the program unless I hold the start button for 20 sec.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The kindle 5 years old, I do not know the model but it is amazon.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You probably installed a malware. What program is running when you open it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The program jackpot but it has other programs that start at different times.

Are you unable to delete those programs ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to talk to your expert.

Sorry, I will not be able to call you now. But I will open this question to other experts in here who can call you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have any suggestions as to how to access my kindle?

Good morning! My name is***** believe that the best option for you would be to reset your Kindle Fire to Factory default settings. If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your content. The books and apps that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience: MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this doesn't work for you there are other methods we can try.

I'd be happy to call. Please enter your phone # in the Private Contact Info area so I can call. I realize that you already provided it once but I am independent contractor and don't have access to that information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried the 40 sec holding the start button but it did not work. My Number is(###) ###-####

It was a pleasure to speak with you yesterday. I hope that all has been sorted out properly now.