Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

My 6.0 Plus phone suddenly stopped ringing 6 rings for an

My 6.0 Plus phone suddenly stopped ringing 6 rings for an incoming call, and for a few days only rings 2 rings -- which means I miss most of the calls. The instruction book says dial 211 - 6 then "save" then "off". Where is "save?" I can't make this change
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I can't remember exactly but only a few weeks or short number of months.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just a few days -- I have tried what I outlined in my message -- which is what is in the instruction book page 41
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When it picks up after the 2nd ring, and callers leave a message, are you still getting those messages, by pressing the play button on the main base station?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Rarely does a person leave a message, but I'm sure if they did, I would receive it. I have always received recorded messages
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you just tell me how to make the phone ring 6 rings again instead of 2.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please tell me if you can help me. Don't keep me just hanging here with no apparent connection.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nathan -- are you there?!!!!!

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed. I responded to your initial question within 1 minute of it being posted. By the time you responded back 45 minutes later, I was not online at the moment.

This really is something you need to be sure of. Can you check something else for me - pick up the line and listen carefully - do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No - just a dial tone.

Okay take your handset and press MENU

then #2116

Then Save (this is a button right below the word save, on the screen)

then Off

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's my question: I don't have "save" on the phone -- except on rare occasions when it's performing some function. Where can I find save?

Yes, you will have this function when the prior steps are completed properly.

It won't show if you miss a step or don't follow this exactly.

press MENU

press #

Press 2

Press 1

press 1

press 6

SAVE will show on the screen and you can then press the button below it.

If that isn't showing, then it is already on the 6 setting

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You did it! I did everything you instructed before calling, but there was something wrong and I never got the "save". Thanks!

Great! Glad to hear that did the trick for you.

And don't feel bad at all, it is very easy to miss a step in the process.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nathan quickly led me to a correction of the problem I was facing with my phone. For that, I thank him.

You're very welcome!