Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I need to change the answer on my panasonic cordless home…

I need to change...

I need to change the answer on my panasonic cordless home phone and cannot remember how to do it

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Its pretty old.. maybe 10 years... I can't find a manual for it on line.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just don't remember how to start... if you could tell me that, I think I will remember....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's enough

8/11/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit.

2) Are you referring to the "greeting" that is played for callers - to leave a message?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

the full model number is: KXTG4732B Yes , I wish to add something to the greeting.
Please just tell me how to get started.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Please give me a few moments to look up that information for you.

Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I'm Nathan, it looks like you've asked for a new expert. Would you prefer to go back to working with Greg, or would you like me to help you?
In either case, please note that we are live real world techs here, and that the site takes a few moments for messages to go back and forth, time is needed for us to send detailed responses, etc, so the process is not instant, but rather an ongoing conversation.

I just got impatient because I wasn't hearing anything back from him. He can continue.

Sure, just give me a few moments to see if I can get him back to you and if not I'll jump back in.

In the meantime, can you tell me HOW you normally check your messages? By pressing the play button on the base station? Or by dialing some numbers on the handset? This will tell me what I need to guide you through the appropriate greeting change process.

By pressing the play button.

Thank you for confirming,

it looks like they weren't able to opt him back in just yet, so in the interest of your time I'll go ahead and continue on with you.

Take a cordless handset and key in Menu#302

then up/down to YES

then ok/select,

you'll hear a beep, then speak your new message (you can't add on, you have to start a new message) into the handset

when done press STOP

then OFF

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Thank you thank you thank you!! Got it!!

Great! Glad that worked for you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
I'm finished.
Nathan, Engineer