Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Will the 10KY6 heavy duty power cord from packetradio.com…

Will the 10KY6 heavy...

Will the 10KY6 heavy duty power cord from packetradio.com work for a Kenwood TS-430S transceiver? Or another cord that will work? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kenwood TS-430S transceiver. Age unknown.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just received radio today..sans power cord.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I am an electronics dummy so I need someone patient!

8/9/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, yes. The 10KY6PWR would work with a Kenwood TS-430S as it can be substituted for the original DC power cable for this HF, a P/N E30-1638-05.

Hi Louie....Thanks for your help. Do you by any chance know where I might find an original Kenwood cord for the TS-430S? That would be preferable over a generic replacement. (Sorry for being an electronics dummy)Larry N2RXD

Sorry Larry but the E30-1638-05 and its replacement, the 880H07-0824-02 are both no longer readily available.

Okay, Louie....thanks for your help. As long as I can locate the generic cord, I'll be alright. Just received the radio today and wanted to fire it up to check it out. No power cord that the seller said was included. We'll have words about adjusting the price!Thanks again.

I understand; ...and agree on the cost of a replacement DC cord to the seller's account.

Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician