Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Ringer on 6.0 plus cordless is off. How do I turn it back…

Ringer on 6.0 plus...

Ringer on 6.0 plus cordless is off. How do I turn it back on?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Says 6.0 plus it's pretty old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 wks - this is my first troubleshoot

8/9/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the complete model number of the phone, it will be found on the main base station. 6.0 is just a feature.

kx-tg4011
no more $ - just help me !
just want ringer on
thanks for not helping me

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Take your handset and press MENU

arrow down to Initial Settings, OK

down to Ringer Settings, OK

down to Ringer Volume, OK

up/down to select the desired level, 1 being lowest, 6 being highest

OK

Save

Off

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

still says ringer off
where is save on phone ?

Do you see a bell with a slash through it?
Are you sure you selected one of the upper volume levels, like 6, then pressed OK and Save? If you didn't press save it won't work.

Save is a soft key, it is a button below the screen. The word save will show there, and then you press the button below it.

I can't see or find save

Go back and start from the beginning,

after you choose the volume level, you press OK

If you see save, press it, if you don't, press Off to exit the menu.

don't see save

If you don't see it, just make sure you pressed OK, and then press off/exit.

If it still didn't change, you can adjust it another way as well.

Have someone call you, or call home from your cell phone, and then WHILE the phone is ringing, repeatedly press the volume/up button and it will increase the ringer that way too

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer