Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Blue Ray Player. I was setting it up to my wireless

Customer Question

I have a Blue Ray Player. I was setting it up to my wireless router with the help of Sony Tech Support.This is done. Now it is asking me if my Bravia TV is Internet video linked. I was not sure what it wanted so I said NO. It has asked me for my email account, set up a password ***** now it needs my Bravia purchase details. The TV was delivered to me on 03/11/2014 Vendor: ABT Electromioce. Glenview, IL Model No KDL 55W-900A. It rejected the information saying" There has been an error registering the device.3040:An error occured, please try again later" What do I do. I paid for the TV on 3?02/2014.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: BRAVIA TV. Model No KDL 55W-900A Srl No(###) ###-####JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am registering this at the screen prompts for the first time. I am sure it was registered in 2014 but I had third party help and now that is inaccessible.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

The registration is not essential - you can skip the registration steps.

Can you see an option to go back or cancel?