Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Lumix DMC-TZ80. I get a blurring of the images at

Customer Question

I have a Lumix DMC-TZ80. I get a blurring of the images at the corners. Is this normal?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Lumix DMC-TZ80. I have only owned it for about six months. I believe it was made in 2015.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has done this from the beginning. I thought it might be my error (may still be). I have reviewed the images in both JPEG and RAW, no difference.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Unless you are in some extremity of very odd manual setup settings, e.g. zoomed in all the way, or in Macro Mode perhaps and at minimum close-up range, that is abnormal. If it shows up like that even in medium settings and medium distances in Auto Mode, then it has something wrong - probably in the lens assembly itself, perhaps in the optics of the lens assembly.

When you bought it, did you buy it New? or Used/As-Is? because if New, claiming warranty repairs for it would be the right thing to do.