Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I need canon printer help, Canon PIXMA MG5320, Printer has

Customer Question

I need canon printer help
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon PIXMA MG5320
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Printer has stopped working with Error code B200 (TODAY)
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this B200 error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,