Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a KX-TGF382 answering machine. The screen on the base…

Customer Question
I have a KX-TGF382...

I have a KX-TGF382 answering machine. The screen on the base unit went blank and I reconnected it and it still doesn't come back. The phone and caller ID voice works and the hand sets are working, it's just the screen.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

I just purchased it on 7/19/17

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

Where is the Power button?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?

My phone is in a diffe

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

My apologies for the automated chat system you spoke with initially, that information is not applicable to your phone.

This symptom indicates a hardware failure in the base station. We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,