Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How do I register this device, amazon echo alexia, it worked

Customer Question
How do I register this...
How do I register this device
JA: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?
Customer: amazon echo alexia
JA: How long has this been going on with your Amazon e-reader? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it worked but now it has be registered, this just happened
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need it to work again
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Here are the steps to get it working. You will only have to do this once, after that, it will be automatic.

1. Download the Alexa app and sign in.

With the free Alexa app, you can set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more. The Alexa app is available on phones and tablets with:

• Fire OS 3.0 or higher
    • Android 4.4 or higher
    • iOS 8.0 or higher

To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device and search for "Alexa app." Then select and download the app. You can also select a link below:

• Apple App Store
    • Google Play
    • Amazon Appstore

You can also go to https://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi enabled computer.

2. Turn on Echo.

Plug the included power adapter into Echo and then into a power outlet. The light ring on Echoturns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Echo greets you.

3. Connect Echo to a Wi-Fi network.

Follow the guided instructions in the app to connect Echo to a Wi-Fi network. To learn more, go to Connect Echo to Wi-Fi.

Tip: If your Echo doesn't connect to your Wi-Fi network, unplug and then plug the device into a power outlet to restart it. If you still have trouble, reset your Echo to its factory settings and set it up again. To learn more, go to Reset Your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot (1st Generation).

4. Talk to Alexa.

You can now use your Echo device. To get started, say the "wake word" and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Echo device is set to respond to the wake word "Alexa" by default, but you can use the Alexa app to change the wake word at any time. In the app, go to Settings, select your Echodevice, and then select Wake word.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service