Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My safe will not lock. csw3813, About 8 years old. Has a new

Customer Question

my safe will not lock. csw3813
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: About 8 years old. Has a new battery holder 2 years ago. Where do I find make and model?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Weeks Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi .......have you ever done any maintenance on it ..........for instance what may help right now is to go around to all the moving parts and give them a shot of DW-40 and jiggle the handle and see if it will become operational

please let me know

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Handel and locking pins move freely.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

so they do engage .............how is it not locking? ......the handle would open it right up again?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's right. When closed it will open right back up.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

do you have the manual........I know the handle should be straight for it to open so maybe you should try moving it and putting in the code ..............you can also reset the code to see if that works........just be sure to remove the contents first

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lost manual. Have closed and set code ,no effect.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pulled out battery pack ,wires are pluged tight.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

you should put some fresh ones back and make sure it will light up ......is it now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will put in fresh ones now ,but it is lit up.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no effect with new ones,
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

we may have to try and reset the code ..............and maybe you should empty the contents and you will need the factory code .......if you don't have that you will have to write to the company

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the code from the factory has never been changed.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I know ..........but you have to know it to change anything

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The code I use to lock and unlock is the one that came from the factory. Is that the code you mean?
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

not sure what you have done in the past ............look these over and see if it is the same thing we are talking about if you never put in your own personal code ..........

Step 1 open your safe by keying in the five-digit factory code (found in your owner's manual) It's better to change your combination while the safe is open……and empty the contents for now.

Step 2 delete any existing codes by pressing the "P" key and entering the factory code, followed by "00000." On older safes, press the PROG key and entering your factory code twice to delete old codes.

Step 3 press the PROG or P key again on the keypad.

Step 4 enter your safe's five-digit factory code.

Step 5 enter a 5 digit code of your choosing within 5 seconds…..this is your user code……the factory code cannot be changed, your user code can ....that will be your primary code to open the safe…….always know your safe's factory code.

Step 6 re-key in the user code to verify it is working….. then close the safe……be sure to test before putting back the contents

Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie