Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I HAVE A SERVICE CONTRACT. YOU WERE OUT TO MY HOME ON FRIDAY…

Customer Question
I HAVE A SERVICE...

I HAVE A SERVICE CONTRACT. YOU WERE OUT TO MY HOME ON FRIDAY AND CHECKED EVERYTHING OUT. TODAY I TRIED TO PULL UP A CREDIT CARD COMPANY. THERE WAS A MESSAGE THAT MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT HAD BEEN SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE SPYWARE ACTIVITY. I CALLED THE NUMBER THEY POSTED AND HE SAID HE WAS A MICRO SOFT TECHNICIAN. HE MESSED AROUND WITH COMPUTER ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES THEN TOLD ME THE FIRE WALL, AND A COUPLE OF OTHER THINGS WERE DAMAGED I COULD EITHER TAKE THE COMPUTER TO A MICROSOFT SERVICE CENTER IN NEWCASTLE OK{OKC DIDN'T HAVE AN OFFICE]AND PAY$ 5OO, OR PAY FOR IT TO BE FIXED ONLINE. IAM ALMOST CERTAIN IT WAS A HACK BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT SHOULD I DO

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your 5OO?

WHAT 5OO

Technician's Assistant: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Microsoft product?

OK

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Do you have a Microsoft email account?

If yes, are you unable to log in?