John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I HAVE A SERVICE CONTRACT. YOU WERE OUT TO MY HOME ON FRIDAY

Customer Question

I HAVE A SERVICE CONTRACT. YOU WERE OUT TO MY HOME ON FRIDAY AND CHECKED EVERYTHING OUT. TODAY I TRIED TO PULL UP A CREDIT CARD COMPANY. THERE WAS A MESSAGE THAT MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT HAD BEEN SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE SPYWARE ACTIVITY. I CALLED THE NUMBER THEY POSTED AND HE SAID HE WAS A MICRO SOFT TECHNICIAN. HE MESSED AROUND WITH COMPUTER ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES THEN TOLD ME THE FIRE WALL, AND A COUPLE OF OTHER THINGS WERE DAMAGED I COULD EITHER TAKE THE COMPUTER TO A MICROSOFT SERVICE CENTER IN NEWCASTLE OK{OKC DIDN'T HAVE AN OFFICE]AND PAY$ 5OO, OR PAY FOR IT TO BE FIXED ONLINE. IAM ALMOST CERTAIN IT WAS A HACK BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT SHOULD I DO
JA: How long have you had your 5OO?
Customer: WHAT 5OO
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Microsoft product?
Customer: OK
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Do you have a Microsoft email account?

If yes, are you unable to log in?