Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My combo smoke and carbon dioxide detector chirps

Customer Question

My combo smoke and carbon dioxide detector chirps continuously although I have replaced the batteries. The model # is RN00SMXTR-8; mfg date March 2009! What haooening with it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: RNCOSMXTR-8 March 2009
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 1 month;
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

you are probably dealing with an integrated system in other words all of the alarms are connected as one so if you do anything it should be done to all ie: you should go all around with fresh batteries ........maybe that is why you still hear the chirping............and while you have them down if would be a good thing to blow them out with an electronics duster and wipe them with a soft cloth

Please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie