Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZ Certificate in Engineering Electronics & Computing 25 years exp
15873252

Inverter salmex somebody's know this

Customer Question

inverter salmex somebody's know this
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

Hi

I am familiar with a wide range of Inverters and UPS, what is the issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you ever open the inverter
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

I have serviced a great number of inverters: APC, Redfern and Philips.. What is the problem you are having? What is the model of your salmex

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i want to know if is the same inside of cotek inverter and Vanner do you still repair this
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

They are different manufacturers so no each one will be different...

The basic premise is the same but they are all designed differently, some are modified sine wave some are true sine wave... Some are switched standby some are online... I need to know more precisely what you are wanting to do, do you want to try and repair and wondering if the Salmex is a similar design to ones you have already worked on???

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i want to repair Vanner slt 12-1500
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i need buy parts i want to if Salmex is the same because outside is exactly the same
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
salmex
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Vanner
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cotek
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

Wow that's pretty compelling that they are...

Ok so looks like there is a very clear link between Salmex and Cotek... Obviously a buyout or takeover at some point... This is a European manufacturing company... Vanner is an american company that used to be a manufacturer but is now just an importer and so rebadges everything it sells including this inverter from Europe...

If you could please take a moment to rate my help, it costs you nothing to do and is how the site rewards me for my time... I will make sure the question is not closed so you can come back to me if you need to..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you ever open or repair Vanner because inside the vanner the parts is Cotek ???I thing it was my question do you know about this inveter
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

I haven't personally worked on a Vanner... But the answer is yes it looks like the unit you have is made for Vanner by Salmex/Cotek...

Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

If you are wanting a Schematic for it I would try Salmex...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where can i find thr schematic
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

There is nothing available online...

But if you contact Vanner and Salmex they should be able to email you one... My guess is Salmex are the more likely though

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nobody wants give me this
Expert:  Neil replied 2 months ago.

What problem are you having with it... I may be able to help without a circuit diagram...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If send the unit can't you repair where are you located