Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My safe wont open with the Key or Code, Cant I just use the…

Customer Question
My safe wont open...

My safe wont open with the Key or Code

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Cant I just use the Key?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. Replaced batteries.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your safe issue today. I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

What is the make and model number of your safe? Do you have a manual?

Do you know the correct combination? Do you have an override key?

Were the batteries (not rechargeable ones) changed?

When was the last time you successfully opened and closed the safe?

What happened that made it go from working to non-working?

If you could upload a couple of photos of the safe it would help considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions ……… http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.