Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Link to cell Bluetooth feature. If I don't have home

Link to cell Bluetooth feature...
Link to cell Bluetooth feature. If I don't have home landline, can this work to hook cell phone up in lieu of home phone?
7/31/2017
Eric, Technician

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for services like Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them. I will let you know if I recommend we use one.
  • I am on no way credited for my assistance with you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating
  • When you rate, you are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!

Can you please tell me what make and model phones you are referring to, and also more detail about what you are trying to do?

Panasonic has several models that "link to cell" via blue tooth. I'm getting ready to move and don't want to have 2 phone bills. I have no good reason to have home landline, currently have to have line for security system. I intend to use cell phone exclusively. I want to lay phone down when I come in house, not carry it around, and still be able to answer phone in other rooms like I do now with my landline.

Ok, just to make sure I have it right. When you move, you want to use your cellphone linked to other headsets so you can answer the phone in other rooms without having to carry around your cellphone? If that is what you are intending to do, then absolutely, that is what the feature is for. Now, it is bluetooth, so the cellphone will need to stay within around 60-80 feet of one of the Panasonics as it won't connect past a distance like that. Also, you won't be able to use a home security system which requires a land-line, however almost all new security systems now use a SIM card like a cellphone and not a land line.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and not this website or your device. If for ANY reason you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

I would not have to have landline for this to work?

Some models only allow you to connect to the cellphone in order to sync phone book contacts but still need a landline, but they also make models which can be used like a bluetooth headset. I would actually take your phone into a brick and mortar store and have them test it as well, as not all models seem to work properly. This way you do not order something online and have to try and return it :)

Thank you

No problem!

Eric, Technician
Eric, Technician