Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Our 3rd cordless phone (upstairs)was switched off for 5

Customer Question
Our 3rd cordless phone...

Our 3rd cordless phone (upstairs)was switched off for 5 weeks while we were away. Now we cannot get it to work. It says "out of range" Please put in base cradle" "check base cradle. We have charged it for 15-20 hours on the base cradle downstairs. Still no response. What shall we do next!

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It is 12 months old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since we returned on Thursday 27th. Tried recharging it on the base cradle. Checked that battery is in place.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's about all thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the phone system.

It's a Uniden DECT 3236. We have one phone with base answering system and cordless handset plus 2nd upstairs phone which is faulty and 3rd phone in downstairs office which works.

Please try performing a RESET of the erring handset (2nd upstairs phone which is faulty). Click HERE.

Thereafter, proceed to register by placing this handset on the base unit to charge.

The problem is not fixed. Please refund our $5.00.
Thank you
Jean Ruegg

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

I will bring this to the attention of Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

Please do not reply so as not to re-open the thread.

Louie, Technician