Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My dvd player won't open with remote or if I push open

Customer Question
My dvd player won't...

My dvd player won't open with remote or if I push open button; there is no disc inside

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Toshiba sd 4800

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please unplug the player's power cord, then press and hold the Eject button on the machine itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then press and hold eject- while plugging the power cord in. Continue to hold the eject button until the drawer opens- or for 10 seconds (whichever comes first). Try those steps up to three times if the first does not work and let me know what happens please.

Hello, Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

I should have told you that the dvd player is not separate. It is on a stand along with the tv, another cd player, radio , etc It was hooked up by someone else. I go to video 3 for the dvd player (video 4) so I can't do this myself. Who can I call to come in and help me?
No I really want someone to come in to help me

Okay I understand. You could still try those steps by shutting off the common surge protector that all of the devices are plugged into. Or if you're not comfortable with that, then you could contact Best Buy as they have the Geek Squad that can come out to help sort this in home.

no, thank you

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Do you need further assistance with this?