Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV will not open to channels, all that I get is a splashy

Customer Question

TV will not open to channels, all that I get is a splashy screen and a sign that says "no signal"
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: I was watching the pubic channel and the screen got smaller so I was trying to make a bigger picture It just happened about 20 minutes ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tried any trouble shooting except turn the TV off and then turn it on again. I guess that I just pushed too many buttons. I am not an expert at electronic instruments.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No sorry
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Simply view my reply and try those steps to proceed.