Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My sharp 107 froze and won't respond, Its a sharp xe-a107 it

Customer Question

My sharp 107 froze and won't respond
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: Its a sharp xe-a107 it froze in the middle of a transaction and i cant get it to respond to anything anymore. It screen is still lit up with the current amount needed to be added into the machine. Its completely frozen or glitched
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, try unplugging the register from the power. Leave it that way, unplugged, for at least 20 minutes. Then after that, turn the key to turn it Off, then after that, plug it in to power again. Try turning it On, see if it now comes up and responds normally.

There may be more to try, so if that does not work, let me know, and I will suggest further possible remedies.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey there, that did not fix the issue. Sorry!

OK... I was rather suspecting it would not. But it had to be tried, once. Now: what shows up on the register's display, exactly, at this time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It says 1500 (15 dollars) which is what the price transaction was that it froze on

Have you tried using the master or manager key to do a keyed reset? it might erase all transactions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't done that. What's a master reset. I'm fine with erasing transactions

It might also erase all programming... you would have to set up the initial setup and programming on the register again... would that be OK?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah thats fine

Unplug it from power, remove batteries, turn key to REG position.

Plug in again this way... and the display should show "L 000", or something very similar. If so, it was reset successfully.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing appeared but it make a noise like it printed something
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Actually i got a full screen of 0000s, but it won't let me clear it

Try it again - make sure there are no batteries in it first. Unplug it for longer than 5 minutes, before trying it again, also.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No button response still, but it printed out 974 on the printer and the screen is still 000s

Well. I don't know what further to suggest, except that, if your register was not plugged into power through a surge protector, you may have a 'broken' register, perhaps owing to a power fluctuation or surge affecting it during that transaction in which it locked up.

- Would you like another Expert's opinion on this? if so, I will Opt Out of this case.

- Would you like any further information from me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im good thanks.

Very well. Good luck with it, and I'm sorry the conclusion wasn't any better.