Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Pioneer VSX-60 that has operated my in-home

Customer Question
I have a Pioneer...

I have a Pioneer VSX-60 that has operated my in-home speakers for years. Lately, it periodically sends a loud "feedback" noise through the speakers. Any ideas to solve this?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 3 or 4 years old. Model is VSX-60

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A couple months...this is my first attempt to troubleshoot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is all ok

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, what external devices are connected to the Pioneer VSX-60 serving as sources?

Do the described "...loud "feedback" noise..." exhibit itself even when in AM or FM?