Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have an old (but still excellent) JVC CA-TD5 compact

Customer Question

I have an old (but still excellent) JVC CA-TD5 compact component Tuner/CD system. There is a wide flat connecting cable linking the 2 parts of the system. Is there an extension available for this, as I need to separate the two modules slightly more than the current cable length allows.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 15-20 years CA-TD5 The 2 components are RX-TD5 and XT-TD5.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am placing them in a new shelf. Until now the short cable length has not been a problem, but in the new shelf I need just a few cms more. One end clips in and out of the module but the other end is hard wired into the unit, so I cant just buy a longer cable, I need an extension for the current one.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

There isn't an off-the-shelf extension available, however a local electronics shop could custom-make one for you quite easily.