Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Need wifi password, model home-c75e-2.4, three months. Can't

Customer Question
need wifi password JA: What's the...
need wifi password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model home-c75e-2.4
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: three months. Can't find password ***** tech changed when here n4-5 months ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: whose going to win the world series.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does your model home have a computer in it, that is currently connected to the WiFi?

Or any other device that is currently connected to the WiFi without your having to enter a password?

two computers connected to your router. still need your password.

Good! Is either or both of the computers connected to the router, a Windows PC, please?

If so, I'll instruct you as to what to do on the PC to recover the password.

OK. What Windows version is on the PC that is connected to the WiFi, please? e.g. XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 ?

10
Russell, while we're still young. A phone call would have taken 2 mins.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I am preparing your instructions, just a few more minutes, please....

Here's what to do on your Windows 10 PC:

Press the Windows key and the R key, then type

ncpa.cpl

and press Enter.

Right click on the wireless network adaptor, and select Status.

Click the "Wireless Properties" button.

In the Properties sheet, click on the Security tab.

Click on the Show characters check box, and the WiFi password ***** be revealed.

If this works, let me know briefly at least... if it doesn't, let me know where it fails and I will help you further.

no "wireless network adapter" to right click on!!!

Hm. OK, what *is* showing there, for choices? something like 'WiFi Network', perhaps? if so right-click on that and proceed with the instructions.

No "security tab" under properties!! Can you please have someone call me ?

OK, click on 'Wireless Properties'. Then click on the Security tab there, and you should see the checkbox for 'Reveal characters'. (If there is no checkbox, your router may have a blank password ***** no password.)

NO security tab THERE!!! Can I get someone familiar with windows 10?
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hello, if the computers are connected directly to the router with a cable then they will not be using wifi so will not have the wifi password ***** on them.

To find the wifi password, have a look at the router itself - the password ***** be printed on a label on it.
Let me know if that works, of if you still need assistance.

Pete.

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?
If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Electronic Engineer