John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a 2-line cordless phone, Model KX-TG9321T (s/n

Customer Question

I have a 2-line cordless phone, Model KX-TG9321T (s/n 1GBXA021097), which stopped working a few weeks ago. I have checked all connections: Wired phones work properly when connected to the same wiring, and there is a fax connected to the Line 2 output which works properly. I get a message which ssays: "No link to base. Reconnect AC Adaptor." But the AC adaptor is operating; the light on the handset is on; the open-circuit voltage at the handset -connecting terminals is 6.7 volts DC. I have replaced the rechargeable batteries, and the display indicates they are charging. Suggestions appreciated; FYI, I do not use the answering machine function.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: This is a 2-line telephone with answering system: MOdel KX TG9321T, serial 1GBXA021097. And my message just sent reports battery replacement; measurement of charging voltage; and checking the connections to assure they are operating.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Happened about three weeks ago, and I had not had time to work on it other than to check that cords were connected. I just told you what I had done to troubleshoot.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This indicates hardware failure in the base station (failed radio transceiver). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results, when you have a chance.

Thank you,