Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a 2-line cordless phone, Model KX-TG9321T (s/n

Customer Question
I have a 2-line...

I have a 2-line cordless phone, Model KX-TG9321T (s/n 1GBXA021097), which stopped working a few weeks ago. I have checked all connections: Wired phones work properly when connected to the same wiring, and there is a fax connected to the Line 2 output which works properly. I get a message which ssays: "No link to base. Reconnect AC Adaptor." But the AC adaptor is operating; the light on the handset is on; the open-circuit voltage at the handset -connecting terminals is 6.7 volts DC. I have replaced the rechargeable batteries, and the display indicates they are charging. Suggestions appreciated; FYI, I do not use the answering machine function.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

This is a 2-line telephone with answering system: MOdel KX TG9321T, serial 1GBXA021097. And my message just sent reports battery replacement; measurement of charging voltage; and checking the connections to assure they are operating.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Happened about three weeks ago, and I had not had time to work on it other than to check that cords were connected. I just told you what I had done to troubleshoot.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This indicates hardware failure in the base station (failed radio transceiver). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results, when you have a chance.

Thank you,

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.