John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Yamaha corp receiver, Model # RX-V371., ser#

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha corp receiver, Model # RX-V371., ser# ***** that was send in to Direct TV for speaker repair & now is complete. Problem is I do not now to connect the wires/cables back up. Can any one assist??
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The tv is a wall mounted unit LG app 24". TV is tight against the wall so the model/serial # are not visable. The age of the TV is roughly 6 yrs
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Had Direct TV Repair come out 3 weeks ago, was tested, told that the surround speakers were not functioning, & the receiver needs to be repaired.Send said unit to D T for repair, was returned Monday. Called D T for install, said they were not responsible & to call Yamaha. So here I am..
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only how to connect the damn thing!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

So I understand you have the Yamaha receiver and your LG TV and you need to hook up the speakers you just got back from repair, right?

Do you have the center channel (speaker in the front) hooked up, but not the surround speakers?

This should be what the back of your device looks like, is that what you are seeing?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91dBWM-xJUL._SL1500_.jpg