Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

Is it possible for a new set of Panasonic cordless phones to

Customer Question

Is it possible for a new set of Panasonic cordless phones to go to school on an older set to avoid having to re-enter the name of every contact?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Perhaps 9 years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No problem with older phones. I have the old model number if that would help.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) By "go to school" do you mean to "transfer" or "copy" phone numbers stored in one system to another?

2) If you can provider BOTH system model numbers, may be able to tell you if it is possible.

NOTE: If these are both cordless phone systems, the models should be printed on the bottom or back of the MAIN BASE STATION of each system - and START with KX-TG.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
transfer. Model KX-TG 47348 and Model PNLC 1078
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Shall I stay here right now and expect an answer?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - the KX-TG4734 system is a "consumer" type phone system - that uses a "shared phonebook" of up to about 50 numbers.

What that means is that the numbers are actually stored INSIDE the MAIN BASE UNIT - and shared among the handsets that are used with that base.

Unfortunately, there is not a way for the OLD base unit to communicate with the NEW base unit - so the numbers will need to be transferred manual - by storing the numbers in the NEW system - one by one.

Sorry about having to give you this information, but I will only give you an honest and accurate answer. Please don't "shoot the messenger" so to speak.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about these phone systems.

Take Care, Greg A.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

NOTE:

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

I also do NOT plan to accept your call request, as the answer would be the same as I sent above. But if you NEED me to call and explain any other details, just let me know by sending a note right back here - on this page.

Thanks