John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I am not able to receive my voice messages. KX-TGA670.

Customer Question

I am not able to receive my voice messages.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: KX-TGA670. Panasonic
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been going on practically since this phone was installed. It is in a second home that is not used a lot so we have all lived with it for years. I have tried everything I can think of. We have the "answer on" button adrivated, record the personal greeting, check it to make sure it is what we have recorded and then call it to try and see if the message come on. the message that comes on says
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: "this party has not set up voice mail on this number
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you tell me HOW MANY RINGS do you hear - when placing the TEST CALL to the system - BEFORE you hear the "this party has not set up voice mail on this number"?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for the current phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
6 rings
Provider is Spectrum
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Can you do a quick TEST for me?

That TEST is to set the Panasonic answering system to pick up the calls at FOUR rings - and then repeat the TEST CALL.

If you need the steps about how to change the rings on the Panasonic, please send me the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system.

Let me know the TEST CALL results.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Expert!!! It is obvious you do not understand my answering machine. It is all part of my phone and has no settings of its own.
Let's, Expert let's stop this nonsense, issue me a refund for services NOT perform and call it a day..
My visa was charged for $5 and $19 for a total of $24.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

Since I have NOT been told the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT of your Panasonic system, I do not know the DETAILS about the Answering Machine.

But if it is like MANY other answering machines, there are several "settings" that can be changed - including the number of rings before the answering machine picks up calls.

Also, most service providers these days offer a "Voicemail System" (feature really) - which is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from any "Answering Machine" that may be connected to the phone line at your location.

Those too often have "settings" that can be changed.

The REASON for my question - about CHANGING the number or rings and then TESTING - was to determine WHICH system was taking the calls.

If you would like to continue towards a better understanding of an Answering System vs. a Voicemail system, please find and send the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT of your Panasonic - so we can move in that direction.

If you are concerned more about fees charged by the site, use the following link to communicate with the Customer service folks here.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I await your response, Greg A.

(im)